Archangelos Michail Convent

Dating to the Byzantine period, the church was founded by Archbishop Nikiforos whose tomb can be seen in the narthex. Rebuilding was carried out in 1636 and in 1713 when it was acquired by Kykkos Monastery. The iconostasis dates back to 1650 and there is a 1785 fresco of Archangelos Michail. Situated off the Lefkosia -Anthoupolis road, some 10 minutes drive from Lefkosia (Nicosia), the church now houses the Kykkos Monastery Research Centre.



Lefkosia
Lefkosia
All year round