Archbishop's Palace

A religious, national and political monument, the Old Archbishop’s Palace is an 18th century two - storey building in the heart of Lefkosia (Nicosia) that is closely associated with modern Cypriot history. Next to it is the new Archbishop’s Palace, a two - storey stone building in Neo - Byzantine style housing the offices of the archdiocese and the residence of the archbishop. It was built by Archbishop Makarios III between 1956 and 1960 and also houses the Byzantine Museum and the Library of the Archbishopric. Since the completion of the new Archbishopric, the Old Archbishop’s Palace has housed the Folk Art Museum and the National Struggle Museum.



Lefkosia
Plateia Archiepiskopou Kyprianou, Lefkosia
All year round
Ethnographical Museum - Lefkosia
Image
Agios Ioannis Cathedral
A small Franco - Byzantine style chapel with an astonishing interior
Pyli Ammochostou
The most important of the gates of Venetian Lefkosia
Entrance of the House of Hadjigeorgakis Kornesios - Lefkosia
Image