TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
The terms and conditions of use and the confidentiality statement below have been drawn up by the Cyprus Tourism Organisation (hereinafter CTO) and are intended for any person wishing to visit its pages or use its services. For the purpose of conciseness, any natural or legal person visiting the pages of the CTO or using its services is referred to herein as "user". All the services existing on visitcyprus.com or likely to be created in future are subject to these terms and conditions of use, whereas visiting the pages and/or using the services of the CTO presupposes their full and unreserved understanding and acceptance. The CTO reserves the right to make at any time changes to the terms and conditions of use and the confidentiality statement below and will therefore inform the users of visitcyprus.com. of any new provisions. The following terms and conditions of use and confidentiality statement of visitcyprus.com do not aim to create nor do they create any form of contractual or other legal obligations of the CTO towards the user.
DISCLAIMER OF RESPONSIBILITY FOR INFORMATION / ADVICE
The content and information included on visitcyprus.com are provided by the CTO to the user of visitcyprus.com. The CTO undertakes to gather, process and distribute the content of visitcyprus.com, but it shall in no event be liable for the reliability, completeness, sufficiency and, in general, the suitability thereof or for the presence of possible errors, all the more so because of its particularly important volume and the participation of third operators (natural or legal persons) at the time of its initial production and data collection. The users of visitcyprus.com also assume responsibility for crosschecking the information provided. The website visitcyprus.com contains at several points links to other sites for the content of which it declines any responsibility. Moreover, it shall not be held responsible for any possible collection of information from those linked sites.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS - TRADEMARKS
In order to register on visitcyprus.com, the user needs to give an electronic mail address (email) on his own responsibility. This address is used for sending newsletters and other informative messages to the users of visitcyprus.com.
As the CTO may from time to time request information from the users through inquiries, the participation of the user in these researches will be on a voluntary basis and to this end the users will have a choice as to whether or not give the required information. The information collected thanks to this inquiry will be used for the purpose of better knowing the visitcyprus.com users and improve the services provided by this web page.
CORRECTION AND / OR DELETION OF PERSONAL DATA
The users of visitcyprus.com may at any time delete their personal data, correct them and/or update them and/or inactivate their registration, by simply visiting the relevant visitcyprus.com service.
The CTO gives the users the possibility to publish contents such as indicative texts, pictures and videos, at various places on visitcyprus.com. This content shall be and remain the exclusive responsibility of the user publishing it, who shall furthermore remain the only person responsible for it without any other responsibility of the CTO.
The user acknowledges and accepts that this information will not be published without prior control by the CTO and that the CTO keeps the right to delete any content published by the user without previously informing the user.
Moreover, the users acknowledge and agree that they will have the following obligations as regards the content they publish on visitcyprus.com:
- The content shall not be illegal, offensive, insulting, defamatory or racist.
- It shall not violate the personality or personal data of third parties.
- It shall not infringe intellectual property rights.
- It shall in no way constitute a criminal offence.
- It shall comply with existing national, European and international legislation.
The use of the content published as information by other users remains the user’s exclusive responsibility and the CTO shall in no event be regarded as liable for its accuracy and usefulness.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- The CTO takes all possible measures to ensure that the services it provides are secure, but due to the nature of the Internet, it is not responsible for any damage incurred by the user when visiting visitcyprus.com.
- The CTO does not warrant that the pages, services, choices and contents will be provided without interruption or error-free, and that mistakes will be corrected.
- Moreover, the CTO does not guarantee that visitcyprus.com or the servers through which this site is placed at the disposal of users do not contain viruses or other harmful components.
- The CTO does not, under any circumstances, guarantee the accuracy, completeness and/or the availability of the contents, pages, services, choices or their results.
- The cost of any possible corrections or services shall be assumed by the user and under no circumstances by the CTO or visitcyprus.com.
- The CTO may provide promotional services for advertisers and service providers. The CTO has absolutely no involvement in the booking process or transaction, although it may provide tools to enable the booking process. The CTO makes no claims as to the quality, safety or legality of any of the services advertised. It is the sole responsibility of the advertiser or the service provider to be eligible to supply the services advertised and the sole responsibility of the user to pay for the services.
COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION
The CTO collects information from users at different points on visitcyprus.com and does not sell or rent this information to third parties otherwise than mentioned herein. The CTO reserves the right to use the data it collects for the purpose of statistics without the users' preliminary consent. Users should also know that when reading the pages of visitcyprus.com and of all its services, non-personal information may automatically be collected in the form of small files (cookies) used to recognise users who often visit visitcyprus.com, for the purpose of better serving them, by improving the presentation, interaction, personal pages and personal indexes.